Online Air Defense Radar Museum Guestbook

Radomes Guestbook V3.0

Welcome to the Online Air Defense Radar Museum. We hope you enjoy your visit, and that we have contributed a little something in the name of those who served.  Gene.

Please consider joining our new radar museum organization, The Air Force Radar Museum Association, Inc. AFRMA is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit Ohio Corporation. Our sole purpose is the creation and support of the National Air Defense Radar Museum at Bellefontaine, Ohio. Please visit our home page to join or donate to this cause. AFRMA, Inc. - The Air Force Radar Museum Association, Inc.. Follow the "Memberships" link on the AFRMA home page.

Leave a note:

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Prior months' guestbooks:

1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2023 


10/22/2016 16:08:15

Name: Dennis Law
Email: lawddog AT

I enlisted in Jan 1975 and discharged in Jan 79. I was an Aircraft Control and Warning Radar Repairman during that time. I went to Keesler AFB Mississippi for Tech School. First duty station was at Homestead AFB FL. from Jan 76 to Feb 77 then I was transferred to Hofn Naval Station in Iceland. Contrary to the title Naval Station there were only 3 Naval personnel there at any one time and they rotated out of there about every 3 months. There were however about 200 to 250 Air Force personnel there for a 12 month tour. There was one Icelandic worker and his name was Valcik he was the site fireman and he had been there for many many years. There was also one Security Policeman and he was assigned Security Augmantees of which I was one (extra duties for many of the maintenance, operations and powerplant workers. From there I was transferred to Klamath Falls OR. The name of the Installation was Kingsley Field although Kingsley Field was only where our housing was. The actually Radar Site as up on Keno Hill there was only 1 shift operating on the hill 5 days a week although 1 qualified tech was assigned standby for about a week at a time. The site was in the process of being transferred over to the FAA when I first arrived there in Mar of 78.